What a summer for Wallace and Gromit!
We saw the opening of the Wallace & Gromit Thrill-O-Matic at Blackpool Pleasure Beach. This is the first amusement park ride featuring the duo to be launched, so a very exciting moment!
There was a lot of press coverage leading up to and around the opening in April, including lots of great photos with Nick Park as he was there to celebrate the opening of the ride.
- Wallace and Gromit ride in to revamp Blackpool as a grand day out
- Cracking! World’s first Wallace & Gromit ride to open in Blackpool
- Wallace and Gromit ride opens
- A Grand Day out and a real Pleasure…
- New ride’s magical million
- Wallace & Gromit Power Up The Thrill-O-Matic at Blackpool Pleasure Beach
Then Wallace and Gromit hit the trail to team up with VisitEngland promote “staycations” in the UK.
Announcement on WallaceAndGromit.com here: Wallace & Gromit’s Great UK Adventure Begins!
And check out the great website here: YourGreatAdventure.co.uk
Press coverage, including some great pictures and a great slideshow from the BBC of a series of the images showcased in the campaign:
- Cracking staycation, Gromit! Tourism bosses recruit Wallace and his dog to front campaign telling Brits to holiday at home
- Wallace & Gromit to inspire Brits to holiday at home
- Slideshow: Wallace and Gromit holiday in UK in new advert
Finally, the promotional video is a lot of fun:
For Shawn fans, we also saw this news: Shaun the Sheep Movie is Announced!
And perhaps the biggest news of the summer? The amazing Gromit Unleased tour in Bristol where 80 Gromit statues decorated by 80 famous and local artists! But this requires a post of it’s own, coming soon.